What's the best part of being a dad?
The best part is feeling that I’m loved, seeing my children smile, hearing their laughter and holding them in my arms. Also knowing that when the world’s problems close in, my children will come to me for comfort and advice. - Thompson Williams, Father of four
Colorado Child Support - Rocky Mountain PBS | Colorado State of Mind Documentary now on YouTube
Center for Urban Families' 2015 PLI Summit: Pathways to Stability and Economic Success for Fathers and Families
Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education Grants estimated post date is 3/6/2015, estimated application due date is 5/5/15 Read more
The Federal Office of Management and Budget completed an overhaul of Federal policies related to grants and cooperative agreements. The higher level goals of this overhaul were to streamline guidance, strengthen federal oversight, set standard requirements, codify all OMB Circular into Title 2 of the CFR and to increase efficiencies and effectiveness. All Federal grants and cooperative agreements executed after December 26, 2014 must follow the Omni-Circular (also called the Super Circular). Read more
FRPN Research Video Series
These videos highlight promising measures created by the FRPN for use in programs that work with fathers.
Explore family engagement across disciplines using new inventory A new tool from the Children's Bureau of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services provides professionals a guide to the definitions of family engagement in various disciplines, as well as how family engagement is implemented in each area.
The Family Engagement Inventory is meant to help practitioners working in child welfare, juvenile justice, behavioral health, and education settings. It shows commonalities across fields, and allows you to contrast family engagement across disciplines.
Facebook Posts (Link)
- Institute for Research on Poverty webinar, It's Not Like I'm Poor: How Working Families Make Ends Meet in a Post-Welfare World 1/21/15
- A Call to Coaches - Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Awareness
- The Mask You Live In - Premiering at Sundance 2015
- How Good Dads Can Change the World | Gary Barker, PhD & Michael Kaufman | The Daily Beast
- Explore family engagement across disciplines using new inventory from the Children's Bureau of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Men Can Stop Rape - One nonprofit’s goal to change the way young men view women
- Connect with CNCS and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service.
- Connect your program to an existing service and volunteer opportunity, or develop and register your own through the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) United We Serve website.
- TANF, Child Welfare Partnerships Help Strengthen Families | Youth Today
- Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll: How to be an Ask-able Adult About Anything! Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 11:00am - 12:30pm Mountain
- Support early literacy and language development by being a Colorado Business Reads Collection site. Help them reach their goal of collecting and distributing 100,000 books
- Save our Sons | Richard Wright Charter School PSA
- How children react to violence against women.What happens when you put a boy in front of a girl and ask him to slap her?
- Colorado launches new child abuse and neglect hotline
- National Save our Sons Night | February 6
- Championship Fathering Profile: The National Center for Fathering offers a self-assessment tool to aid fathers in evaluating their fathering methods.
- Colorado Child Support - Rocky Mountain PBS | Colorado State of Mind Documentary now on YouTube
- Ron Haskins NYTimes op-Ed on Social Programs That Work
- Documentary features the Colorado Parent Employment Project
December 1, 2014-February 25, 2015
Bridges Out of Poverty Classes
December 18, 2014-January 23, 2015
CRC Nonprofit Leadership & Management Program - Application Deadline January 23, 2015
January 12, 2015
PolicyLink Webinar: The New Proposed Child Support Rule and What it Means for Low-Income Fathers
January 13, 2015-January 14, 2015
Mental First Aid Course
January 13, 2015
Webinar: Effectively Working with Child Support Agencies
January 14, 2015
Models of Success: Case Studies of Effective Healthy Marriage and Responsible Fatherhood Grantees
January 14, 2015
Webinar: Young Men's Health and the Transition to Fatherhood: Implications for Prevention and Pre-Conception Health
January 21, 2015
Webinar: How Working Families Make Ends Meet in a Post-Welfare World
January 28, 2015
Sex, Drugs and Rock N Roll: How to be an askable adult about anything