Describe your funniest moment as a dad.
I enjoy so many funny moments with my daughter. She lives up to her name and is a “Star.” After dinner each night, we get a one-girl talent show where she sings, dances or does a comedy show. There is so much laughter in our lives. - Dale Yazzie, Powwow Dancer, Father of One, featured father at Coloradodads.com
HHS Grants Forecast: subscribe to grants forecast for release notification. Any day now ... (Link)
Two Approaches to Service Delivery | Practitioner's Brief (PDF) This brief provides a general overview of four Responsible Fatherhood (RF) grantees involved in the Parents and Children Together Evaluation (PACT) Evaluation. The brief: 1) provides a general overview of two approaches to service delivery in fatherhood programs; 2) documents how service delivery is linked to fathers’ characteristics; and 3) describes how service delivery approach may be linked to program participation and retention rates. Data gathered via staff interviews, program observations conducted during site visits, ongoing interactions with leadership at each program, and data on service receipt from each programs’ management information system was used to create this brief. (Link)
Self-reported personal challenges of fathers in responsible fatherhood programs | FRPN Research Brief (Link)
New Facebook Posts (Link)
- Responsible Fatherhood Programming: Two Approaches to Service Delivery | Practitioner's Brief | @OPRE_ACF @MathPolResearch
- The effect of the economic factors and complex subcultures that black men navigate.
- A Call to Rethink How We Support Grantees > Nancy Baughman Csuti,The Colorado Trust
- Fathers are Critical to Families' Climb Up the Economic Ladder @reggiebicha @AspenAscend
- Check out the new family friendly website, Smart Choices Safe Kids. www.smartchoicessafekids.org
- Collecting Child Support Without Making Matters Worse | NYTimes Room for Debate
- The ?#?AscendNetwork? is leveraging ?#?2GenOpps? to meet the needs of 21st Cent. families:
- Almost 100 free resources from the National Fatherhood Initiative now on one easy to navigate page
- Hyundai helps a daughter send a message to her dad that is out of this world.
- Irwin Garfinkel and others weigh in on child support. Should the US follow Europe's example?
- 5 Tips to Balance Being a Dad | National Center for Fathering
- Robert Werthwein named the new Director of the Office of Children, Youth and Families (OCYF) for the Colorado Department of Human Services
- Embedding Job and Career Advancement Services in Healthy Marriage Programs: Lessons from Two Programs in PACT
- Walter Scott & Child Support: Did the threat of jail contribute to his death?
- When Taxes Aren’t a Drag - Kathy Edin NYT OpEd
- Self-reported personal challenges of fathers in responsible fatherhood programs | FRPN Research Brief
- May 6, 2015-May 8, 2015 | The 7th Annual Prisoner’s Family Conference
- May 7, 2015 | Webinar: Working with Perpetrators as Parents
- May 11, 2015 | The dadly virtues: Adventures from the worst job you'll ever love | Book Forum
- May 12, 2015-May 14, 2015 | 2015 Federal Regions 8 & 10 Community Action Conference - Denver
- May 16, 2015 | Clayton Early Learning's 2nd Annual TOUCH-A-TRUCK Neighborhood Fair
- May 19, 2015 | Raising the Canopy: Collectively Impacting our Future - Ensuring Authentic Engagement
- June 9, 2015-June 12, 2015 | 17th Annual International Fatherhood Conference: "Responsible Fatherhood: Building Our Future Through Innovation, Evaluation and Accountability"
- June 15, 2015-June 17, 2015 | 2015 Colorado Advocacy in Action Conference
- June 19, 2015 | Jefferson County Responsible Fatherhood Program's 100 Father's Day!
Email your event/class/program information to Bert Singleton.