What does fatherhood mean to you?
"Fatherhood is everything. It's incredibly important to me." - Larry Johnson, father of one (Link)
Next meeting of the Colorado Practitioners Network for Fathers & Families is April 14. (Link)
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month (Link)
Federal Grant Updates
HHS Grants Forecast: New Pathways for Fathers and Families
- Estimated Funding: $47,846,875
- Expected Number of Awards: 49
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $2,000,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $350,000
- Estimated Post Date: 04/27/2015 (updated - 4/2/2015)
- Estimated Application Due Date: 06/27/2015 (updated - 4/2/15)
Responding to public comments, a new set of Healthy Marriage and Responsible Fatherhood performance measures have been proposed (an additional set of instruments for a cross-site evaluation with a subset of grantees have also been proposed). Please see a short overview at: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/03/23/2015-06534/submission-for-omb-review-comment-request. This Notice has information on how to request a document containing all proposed measures, as well as information on how to comment on the proposal.
Refining the task of father-inclusive practice
(Child Family Community Australia information exchange Webinar Resources) This webinar presented the evidence on "what works" to engage fathers, and described recent initiatives using digital technology with dads. (Link)
Schuyler Totman, Master Coach for Boot Camp for New Dads, is the guest on the Jon of All Trades 4/1/2015 Podcast (Link)
OFA Brown Bag Series Resources: "Failing Our Fathers: Confronting the Crisis of Economically Vulnerable Nonresident Fathers," featuring Dr. Ronald B. Mincy, a Maurice V. Russell Professor of Social Policy and Social Work Practice at the Columbia School of Social Work--Columbia University. (Link)
Beyond Silence and Violence: Engaging Men in Advocacy Against and Prevention of Domestic Violence Webinar Resources (Link)
New Facebook Posts (Link)
- National Fatherhood Clearinghouse Webinar: Working with Child Support-Continuing the conversation
- Release of the Aspen Institute: Two Generations. One Future: An Anthology - DC event and Livestream
- Mesa County (Colorado) Nurse Family Partnership program has openings for new moms
- "Why is Dad So Mad?" Veteran writes children's book to help explain PTSD
- Moving Parents and Children out of Poverty: a Two-Generation Approach via @ChildTrends
- Responding to public comments, a new set of Healthy Marriage and Responsible Fatherhood performance measures have been proposed (an additional set of instruments for a cross-site evaluation with a subset of grantees have also been proposed).
- Making time for kids? Study says quality trumps quantity.
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Two-Generational Strategies Can Help Fathers, Too @clasp_dc
- "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
- OFA Brown Bag Series: Failing our Fathers, September 2014 featuring Dr. Ronald Mincy
- Depression in dads as well as moms causes anxiety & bad behavior in toddlers | Northwestern University
- Colorado Children's Campaign 2015 Kids Count data report now available
- Parenting programs sideline fathers with long-term costs for families and children
- Dad, the family storyteller
Events in bold updated or added this week
February 2, 2015-April 9, 2015
Free tax preparation by AARP certified volunteers
April 4, 2015
"Pieces Never Missing" Fatherhood Engagement workshop
April 14, 2015
COLORADO PRACTITIONERS NETWORK FOR FATHERS AND FAMILIES MEETING
April 15, 2015
Free Webinar: Working with Child Support - Continuing the Conversation (National Fatherhood Clearinghouse)
April 16, 2015
NFI Webinar- The Federal Grant Proposal: Key Insider Perspectives
April 23, 2015
NFI Webinar - Corrections and Reentry: Engaging Fathers Inside and Outside
April 30, 2015
Peaceful Households 2015 Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Conference
May 12, 2015-May 14, 2015
2015 Federal Regions 8 & 10 Community Action Conference - Denver
June 9, 2015-June 12, 2015
17th Annual International Fatherhood Conference: "Responsible Fatherhood: Building Our Future Through Innovation, Evaluation and Accountability"
June 15, 2015-June 17, 2015
2015 Colorado Advocacy in Action Conference
Don't forget to check our listing of ongoing classes!